Portfolio of David Brear
Below are several examples of websites on which I’ve severed in whole or in part as the user interface developer. These pages include both personal and professional projects and the attached images are screenshots of the pages where most of my work was done. Although I am unable to show it, most of these pages are entirely responsive, incorporating Bootstrap’s responsive elements or written with custom media queries.
- Senior Developer behind the Tugg Products web application powering http://licenses.tugg.com
- Product uses: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Bootstrap and JQuery
- Senior Developer as well as System Administrator for Tugg Theatrical http://www.tugg.com
- Project uses: Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, MySQL, JQuery on a Rackspace Dedicated Server instance.
- Frontend Developer for Spiceworks Community available at http://community.spiceworks.com
- Personal work includes
- Creator of ToTheMusic (http://tothemusic.com) site for coordinating shows between bands.
- Project uses: Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, Postgres, JQuery, (Redis in development)
Tic Tac Toe
- Unbeatable game of tic tac toe written using the MiniMax Algorithm. Game available at (http://davidbrear.com)
- Code open sourced at: http://github.com/DavidBrear/tictactoe
JQuery Sticky Box
- Code available at: https://github.com/DavidBrear/stickybox
- Difference is this implementation retains the flow of the page by using a placeholder element when the stuck element is positioned fixed.
- Leads to no jumping when an element is “stuck”.